Activity 3: Skills and Best Practices
Summarizing Classroom Survey DataThe following website provides guidelines for summarizing classroom surveys: http://www.sandhills.edu/
Most schools and students now have access to Microsoft Excel. This site is an excellent one for helping students summarize their data from surveys. The site includes:
- Guide to Creating Bar Graphs
- Guide to Creating Line Graphs
- A Guide for Using Charts and Graphs
Developing ProjectsThis site from Intel: Innovation in Education describes how a unit on trade can be developed into a class project.
The Curriculum Framing Questions suggest some important connections between this online unit and the activities suggested in this module:
Essential Question: What distinguishes one community from another?
- How is trade important to our community?
- How does physical geography affect the economics of our region?
- What products do we import and export, and where do they from and go?
- What modes of transportation are used for trading?
Part Two of this unit seems to be particularly relevant to this module:
Trade and Economics:There is also a simulation activity in which students practice trading.
- Where did it come from?
- Where did it go?